Medics on the Ball now offers King Devick Testing, a two minute test for each of your players. The King-Devick Test is an objective rapid sideline screening test for concussions that allows you to have a preseason or pregame baseline for your athletes.
How it Works
During play when a suspected head injury occurs, the athlete is evaluated by having the King-Devick test administered. The results are then compared to the initial preseason or pregame baseline. This provides coaches, athletic trainers, medical professionals, and parents the ability to objectively determine whether players should be removed from games or not. As a result, King-Devick Test can help prevent the serious consequences of repetitive concussions resulting from an athlete returning to play after a head injury.
Get a Quote
To have Medics on the Ball provide your team with King Devick testing, simply click here and complete the form. Someone will contact you within 24 hours.
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
Concussion is one of the most commonly occurring injuries in sports today. The Sport Concussion Assessment Tool (SCAT) is a commonly used paper neurocognitive tool. To date, little is known about SCAT baseline normative values in youth athletes.
The Second International Symposium on Sport Concussion in Prague in 2004 led to the creation of a new Sport Concussion Assessment Tool (SCAT) for athlete self-evaluation and physician assessment of sports concussions.
The tool combines existing assessment tools, including the Standardized Assessment of Concussion, into a new standardized tool on a two-sided card.
Medics On The Ball wants your players to play healthy and stay that way. This FREE tool, in combination with King Devick Testing can help you achieve that.
Simply click the link below to receive your free assessment tool and please download a copy of our Concussion Information Sheet for Parents.
Sport Concussion Assessment Tool
Concussion Information for Parents
Below is our list of Frequently Asked Questions. Please click each question to reveal the answer or click here to expand all of them.
Q. Why should I choose Medics on the Ball over so many other standby medical event companies?
- Professionalism – Medics on the Ball shows up in easily recognizable uniforms with a professional appearance and attitude. Our service is second to none.
- Dedication – Unlike others, this is what we do. We are not attorneys, accountants or students. This is not a hobby or a part time job for us. We are emergency medical professionals. You wouldn’t ask an EMT to fight for you in court or do your taxes. Why would you want an attorney or an accountant treating your medical emergency?
- Flexibility – Medics on the Ball will work with you at every angle to make sure you are as happy as possible with our services.
Q. How many EMTs or Medics are needed at my event?
- The number of medics for your event depends on many variables. Type of event, estimated people in attendance, risk factors and location are just few. We will work with you to help you calculate the best medics to guest ratio.
Q. Can't we just call 9-1-1?
- Even with good cell service, in most counties around Southern California you are calling CHP which has to route your call. Response time averages 7-10 minutes to get EMS on site. Medics On The Ball response time is mere seconds.
- 911 systems are responsible for an entire community and are generally over taxed, thus response time could be even longer.
Q. We are right across the street (or down the street) from the fire station. Can't we call them?
- see answer 3 above…you are not generally calling right across the street. Additionally, Firefighters/Paramedics/EMTs don’t always sit in their fire house. Often times they are out assisting someone else.
Q. Why can't we use volunteers? We have parents that are firefighters, police officers, paramedics and doctors
We have been those volunteers you’ve trusted for years. You can trust that we’ve seen not only the challenges faced by organizers when trying to provide medical services at their events, but also the challenges faced by volunteers.
- Events struggle with making sure that there is appropriate medical equipment on site, not all volunteers will have their own. Organizers struggle to verify license status and address volunteer liability concerns. Do you have the time, resources or background to verify that all your volunteers are properly licensed and insured?
- What will you do if your volunteer calls out sick at the last minute? How will you find a replacement in time? Medics On The Ball has enough staff to ensure that no matter what, we will be at your event, rain or shine.
- Volunteers are dressed in street clothes, easily blending into the crowds making it hard for participants, onlookers, event staff and incoming rescue to recognize that there is someone on scene that can help. Medics On The Ball staff are dressed in uniform and look professional at all times. Our uniforms make it obvious who we are and that we are there to help.
Q. Are you saying that volunteers are unreliable?
- You can rely on them. But doing so assumes that they will show up to every event prepared with all the proper equipment to treat any injury. It also assumes that they are insured to treat patients outside their work environment. Medics On The Ball arrives on scene with all the equipment you would find on an ambulance and all our medics are covered by our own liability insurance.
Q. Why don't you provide an ambulance?
- Having an ambulance increases our costs, which inherently increase your cost. Based on our experience, it is not cost effective to have an ambulance on site.
- In our experience a mere 1% of all injuries require emergency transportation. By not having an ambulance on site we save you the cost of paying one to sit there. Should an ambulance become necessary we will stabilize the patient and call 911. Upon the arrival of rescue units, Medics On The Ball will hand off the patient to the Fire Department, along with all pertinent medical history and detailed documentation of the injury.
- and finally, if the ambulance has to transport a patient from your event, you have now lost your ambulance and medical staff for the remainder of your event.
Q. There are ambulance companies out there that can provide the same service you do.
- That is true. Unfortunately, many of those companies do not have the staff to dedicate to your event. Many times that company is stationing their ambulance at your event but if there is a call that requires them they will leave you without medical support. Medics On The Ball staff is solely dedicated to your event. We will be there from before your event starts to after your event ends.
Q. What if I really, really want an ambulance at my event, can you provide one?
- Medics on the Ball has partnered with one of the most professional ambulance services in the Los Angeles area. If you must have an ambulance at your event we can subcontract with our partner and make sure you have a BLS or ALS ambulance there. Additional costs will apply.
Medics On The Ball is a full-service team of highly-trained medical professionals providing thorough medical care at events across Southern California. From one or two person crews to intricate multi-person teams, we can provide service to any event, large or small.
Great Price – Great Service
Medics On The Ball offers you an easy, convenient and affordable way to find qualified medical staffing for your next event. In fact, in most cases we can actually save you money. Contact us today for a free quote – we will meet or beat any written estimate for the same services by a qualified company.
It’s a Whole New Ballgame
When you hire Medics On The Ball our experienced team of Emergency Medical Professionals arrive at your event with the following at no additional cost:
- Two Way Radios
- AED (Automatic External Defibrillator) *Upon Request
- Portable Emergency Oxygen
- All weather sun / rain pop up tent
- All BLS (Basic Life Support) medical supplies.
- Recording of all treated injuries on our injury report form, with copies automatically sent to the event coordinator upon event completion.
- King – Devick©® baseline and post injury concussion testing available (additional cost).
- ATV or Golf Cart (additional cost may apply)
It’s Not Worth the Risk
Medics On The Ball carries $1,000,000 / $3,000,000 Professional and General liability insurance policies and $1,000,000 in Workers Compensation insurance. Additionally, all Medics On The Ball staff are carefully screened and must pass a complete criminal background check before being hired. Your safety truly is our first concern. Don’t risk hiring individuals who are not properly trained or don’t have proper insurance coverage.
Easy To See, Easy To Find
The Medics On The Ball team is easy to find in an emergency thanks to our high-visibility uniforms. Participants and spectators alike will have peace of mind knowing an experienced medic is always nearby and easy to spot.
Event Completion Follow Up
Our medics not only arrive with all of the equipment your event requires, but we will also provide you with all copies of patient reports for your insurance provider. You’ll even receive an “after-action” report summarizing all injuries treated during the event. From beginning to end, Let Safety Be OUR Concern!
Contact us today for a free quote!
Whether you’re organizing a major sporting event or planning a charity gala, the safety of your guests is vital. However, finding and scheduling qualified medical professionals can sometimes feel like the hardest part of the planning process! The good news is Medics On The Ball makes it easy!
Movie & TV Productions
As Southern California’s premier event medical standby company, Medics On The Ball provides thorough, skillful medical care for a vast array of events. From sports tournaments and marathons to nightclubs and major concerts (like this Rolling Stones show), Medics On The Ball provides the highest standard of care for any and every type of event. If you need medical support for a sporting competition, awards show party, or any other celebration, Medics On The Ball provides you with qualified, experienced Emergency Medical Professionals. Safety should be our concern, not yours!
Corporate Events & Parties
In need of affordable First Aid Services? Medics On The Ball is your solution. Not only do we provide expert care for you and your guests, but we will meet or beat any written estimate for same services by a qualified company! Request your free quote from Medics On The Ball now!
5 Reasons You Should Hire Medics On The Ball For Your Next Event:
- Every one of our EMS professionals is licensed to work in the field from anywhere within the state of California as Paramedics, Emergency Medical Technicians or Emergency Room staff at local hospitals.
- All of our medics arrive in distinctive, high-visibility uniforms prepared to handle any situation – no matter the event, or the size of the crowd.
- Medics On The Ball carries professional and general liability insurance, as well as workers compensation, which covers all of our staff.
- There are never any additional charges for basic life support care provided once we are on site. Bottom line, there are never any hidden charges or fees. Our quote is our word.
- Medics On The Ball performs a thorough background check on every EMT and Paramedic we hire. We also follow up annually to ensure only the most professional medics are caring for the attendees at your event.
Whether you need just one experienced EMT for your next party, or an entire team for a trail race, we can help! Contact Medics On The Ball for a free quote today and let safety be our concern, not yours!