Below is our list of Frequently Asked Questions. Please click each question to reveal the answer or click here to expand all of them.Q. Why should I choose Medics on the Ball over so many other standby medical event companies?
- Professionalism – Medics on the Ball shows up in easily recognizable uniforms with a professional appearance and attitude. Our service is second to none.
- Dedication – Unlike others, this is what we do. We are not attorneys, accountants or students. This is not a hobby or a part time job for us. We are professional medics. You wouldn’t ask a Paramedic to fight for you in court or do your taxes. Why would you want an attorney or an accountant treating your medical emergency?
- Flexibility – Medics on the Ball will work with you at every angle to make sure you are as happy as possible with our services.
- The number of medics for your event depends on many variables. Type of event, estimated people in attendance, risk factors and location are just few. We will work with you to help you calculate the best medics to guest ratio.
- Even with good cell service, in most counties around Southern California you are calling CHP which has to route your call. Response time averages 7-10 minutes to get EMS on site. Medics On The Ball response time is mere seconds.
- 911 systems are responsible for an entire community and are generally over taxed, thus response time could be even longer.
- see answer 3 above…you are not generally calling right across the street. Additionally, Firefighters/Paramedics/EMTs don’t always sit in their fire house. Often times they are out assisting someone else.
We have been those volunteers you’ve trusted for years. You can trust that we’ve seen not only the challenges faced by organizers when trying to provide medical services at their events, but also the challenges faced by volunteers.
- Events struggle with making sure that there is appropriate medical equipment on site, not all volunteers will have their own. Organizers struggle to verify license status and address volunteer liability concerns. Do you have the time, resources or background to verify that all your volunteers are properly licensed and insured?
- What will you do if your volunteer calls out sick at the last minute? How will you find a replacement in time? Medics On The Ball has enough staff to ensure that no matter what, we will be at your event, rain or shine.
- Volunteers are dressed in street clothes, easily blending into the crowds making it hard for participants, onlookers, event staff and incoming rescue to recognize that there is someone on scene that can help. Medics On The Ball staff are dressed in uniform and look professional at all times. Our uniforms make it obvious who we are and that we are there to help.
- You can rely on them. But doing so assumes that they will show up to every event prepared with all the proper equipment to treat any injury. It also assumes that they are insured to treat patients outside their work environment. Medics On The Ball arrives on scene with all the equipment you would find on an ambulance and all our medics are covered by our own liability insurance.
- Having an ambulance increases our costs, which inherently increase your cost. Based on our experience, it is not cost effective to have an ambulance on site.
- In our experience a mere 1% of all injuries require emergency transportation. By not having an ambulance on site we save you the cost of paying one to sit there. Should an ambulance become necessary we will stabilize the patient and call 911. Upon the arrival of rescue units, Medics On The Ball will hand off the patient to the Fire Department, along with all pertinent medical history and detailed documentation of the injury.
- and finally, if the ambulance has to transport a patient from your event, you have now lost your ambulance and medical staff for the remainder of your event.
- That is true. Unfortunately, many of those companies do not have the staff to dedicate to your event. Many times that company is stationing their ambulance at your event but if there is a call that requires them they will leave you without medical support. Medics On The Ball staff is solely dedicated to your event. We will be there from before your event starts to after your event ends.